Requesting a Loan
Make sure you submit your application at least six months prior to the start of the loan.
You can send your request by postal mail to:
Att. Mrs. J. Kiers, Director
Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 359
1012 RM Amsterdam
or by e-mail to:
Make sure that you provide the following information:
- Name and address of the applicant institution, including possible partners
- The name of the exhibition - exhibition period
- Reason for your application – summary of the project
- List of requested objects with their object numbers (see our online collection database: www.amsterdammuseum.nl/collectie/collectie-online)
- A recent facility report
- Name, position and contact details of the person handling the application
If you have any further questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office: email@example.com or call +31 (0)20 5231716.
- Administration costs: € 150,00 per request
- Out-of-pocket costs arising from the loan should be covered by the Borrower (for instance, for a condition report we charge approximately € 125,00 per object)
- If no Amsterdam Museum staff is available to process the request, hiring extra staff to take care of the application will be charged to the Borrower (in consultation)
- If necessary, conservation and restoration work (in consultation)
- Insurance of the work(s)
- Packaging and transport
- Supervision of unpacking and installation
- In the Netherlands: transportation costs
- Outside the Netherlands: transportation costs and daily allowance (per diem)
- Different costs may apply to long-term loans
For organizations other than museums
Requirements and costs for loan requests from organizations other than museums, will be decided on a case-to-case basis. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the terms and conditions here.